The Queen Baton Rouge to Open Late Summer with Celebration Fit for Royalty
Baton Rouge, Louisiana – July 13, 2023 – Following an $85 million total transformation, The Queen Baton Rouge, formerly Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge, will be officially unveiled to the public at 9 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 24. In addition to moving from the Mississippi River to land, the exciting new casino, dining and entertainment destination will expand its footprint from 62,000 to more than 100,000 square feet.
“We are thrilled to debut what will be an unmatched gaming and entertainment destination in Louisiana for sports wagering, gaming, entertainment and dining,” said Terry Downey, President and CEO of The Queen Casino & Entertainment. “The Queen Baton Rouge ushers in a new era not just for this historic property, but for gaming and entertainment throughout the region, and we are thrilled to open our doors for our neighbors in the Baton Rouge community and the surrounding area.”
The Queen Baton Rouge’s offerings will include:
- Casino – With more than 30,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor gaming space, The Queen Baton Rouge will offer 731 gaming machines and 18 table games, including blackjack, craps, roulette and pai gow poker; as well as numerous electronic table options. A dedicated smoking patio, LIT Casino & Bar, will serve craft cocktails, beer and wine in a lively atmosphere with 150 gaming positions.
- Sportsbook – Developed in partnership with sports wagering leader, DraftKings, the DraftKings Sportsbook will offer a state-of-the-art gaming destination with contemporary design, a full bar and the latest sports wagering technology via 20 kiosks and four betting windows. Lounge-style seating, a 28-foot video wall and oversized high-definition TVs will provide optimal viewing for sports fans.
- Dining – Guests will enjoy a variety of food and beverage options, from the full-service original concept to three quick-service restaurants.
- Open for lunch and dinner, 1717 will specialize in rustic American cuisine with a twist. The restaurant’s bar will provide a social setting for guests as well as nearly 40 high-definition TVs to watch the latest sporting events.
- The Loft at 1717 will provide indoor space and an outdoor patio for sunset social hour, additional dining and private parties overlooking the Mississippi River.
- Shaquille O’Neal-owned Big Chicken will serve its signature crispy chicken sandwiches and tenders packed with BIG flavor, as well as classic fan favorites like boozy milkshakes, popcorn chicken and Lucille’s Mac N’ Cheese, for guests to enjoy while overlooking the Mississippi River.
- 3 Woks Noodle Bar will serve a variety of authentic pan-Asian dishes.
- Capitol Coffee Baton Rouge, just steps from the casino floor, will offer a selection of traditional brews, modern teas, items for breakfast, lunch and more.
- Entertainment – Guests will enjoy live music and other performances on the stage in 1717.
- Meetings – More than 6,000 square feet of flexible event space will be available across three multi-purpose rooms capable of accommodating more than 500 guests for corporate gatherings, weddings, private parties and more. Guests hosting events will have an array of food and beverage menus to meet the needs of any gathering.
- Parking – A redesigned parking lot with wider parking spaces and additional lighting will provide closer access to the main entrance. The main entrance, which features valet parking, will be framed by a stunning porte cochere.
The Queen Baton Rouge is part of The Queen Casino & Entertainment’s expanding gaming portfolio that includes DraftKings at Casino Queen in East St. Louis, Illinois; Casino Queen Marquette in Marquette, Iowa; and nearby Belle of Baton Rouge. For more information about The Queen Casino & Entertainment’s properties, visit the website at www.thequeengaming.com.
About The Queen Baton Rouge
Currently operating as Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge, the historic property will introduce a new era with its transformation into The Queen Baton Rouge. The name change is part of a comprehensive brand transformation that embodies the completion of an estimated $85 million project, which includes moving the casino to a new landside facility, increasing the total footprint from 62,000 to more than 100,000 square feet, and the addition of innovative gaming, dining and entertainment venues. Located at 1717 River Rd., The Queen Baton Rouge will feature 731 gaming machines, 18 table games, numerous electronic table options and a state-of-the-art DraftKings Sportsbook. New dining and drinking outposts will include craft cocktails, a smoking patio and lively atmosphere at LIT Casino & Bar; rustic American cuisine and entertainment at 1717; and three exciting quick-service restaurants: Big Chicken, 3 Woks Noodle Bar and Capitol Coffee Baton Rouge. The completed renovation will also introduce a flexible event space to accommodate more than 500 guests for corporate gatherings, weddings, private parties and more. More information about The Queen Baton Rouge is available online at www.thequeenbr.com.
About The Queen Casino & Entertainment, Inc.
The Queen Casino & Entertainment Inc.’s expanding gaming portfolio includes DraftKings at Casino Queen in East St. Louis, Illinois; Casino Queen Marquette in Marquette, Iowa; and Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge and Belle of Baton Rouge in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. A thriving regional gaming company, The Queen Casino & Entertainment is owned by Standard General L.P. More information about The Queen Casino & Entertainment is available on the website at www.thequeengaming.com.
Taylor Goldberg/Torrey Bailey